It has been the found that after sales services are provided by majority of the companies especially that deal in electronic and communication devices. The same technique is followed by organizations that are involved in manufacturing and selling hearing aids. A hearing aid professional cleans your hearing aid so that the condition of the instrument is clean and safe and the life of the hearing aid increases and work perfectly without any problem. Individuals using these hearing aids are advised to keep the aids top condition at home by undertaking regular cleaning at home.
Almost each and every professional in the hearing aid industry suggests patients to keep their hearing aids in good condition to increase the life of instruments and make them work without any issues. Do daily checkups at home so that technology works long time without any damage and patients enjoy the benefits of hearing aids hassle free.
Since now a days hearing aids are very small in size and great master piece of technology and it’s very important to know how to keep the hearing aid clean.
Tips to keep hearing aids maintained.
Given below are the tips to keep your hearing aids in good condition:
• Suitable tools:
To keep your hearing aid in good condition you need suitable tools to clean them properly. Tools such as wax pick and brush are crafted in a way that they can clean the wax coming out of the ears on the hearing aids. Ear wax can hinder the clarity of sound and problem in hearing will be faced by the patient.
• Pursue a daily routine:
To have good quality of sound everyone should do some tasks on daily basis such as use hair spray or gel before applying your hearing aid and don’t use face wash or other product to avoid water or moisture to damage the aid.
• Clean at the end of the day:
People need to use hearing aids full day for long hours and it is beneficial to clean the hearing aid device at the end of the day while keeping in mind not to use the chemical or liquids to clean the devices as it will result in damage to your hearing aids.
How to clean in the ear (ITE) hearing aids
1. First of all clean all the holes of the hearing aid device use soft brush to clean the microphones or use the tools recommended by your hearing aid professional.
2. It is necessary to clean the built wax on the device, do it gently and use a brush to clean the openings, keep the tool downward so that all particles fall down directly.
3. After that use wax picker or hook to clear the inner holes of the hearing aid.
4. Finally take clean dry cotton cloth and wipe the device this will remove the leftover wax or dirt from the hearing aid instrument.
How to clean behind the ear (BTE) hearing aids
1. First of all do proper check-up of the hearing aid device and use wax picker to remove the earwax or waste from the device.
2. Clean the earmold with clean soap water but remove the hook first.
3. After cleaning with soapy water use dryer to dry out the tube and after that keep the tube at a safe place full night so that it will dry properly.